Brennan and I just got back from a walk in the park again. I really love going to the park. Brennan is perfectly content to ride in his stroller and I get some good exercise by pushing him around. He also seems happy to just look at everything as it goes by, but we do stop and check out the geese. Some geese came out of the water right by where we stopped to look at them. It was like they were saying hello to him!
As I was walking, I let my mind wander and began thinking of all the new things that have happened in the last few months. The biggest new thing of all is Brennan entering our world and all the new that comes with having a baby in the house. Everything is new to him and he's enjoying learning and exploring the things that make up his world. It's fun to watch him discover new things and take pride in doing things that we take for granted (standing up, for one example).
Another new thing has been our move to Virginia. I just have to say that I really, really like Virginia and living in Richmond. We live in a good neighborhood where the people are friendly and we've actually met several of our neighbors. I enjoy being in a place that has seasons. We are experiencing some seriously perfect weather today, too. So much so that we have our air conditioner off and have the windows open to allow the fabulous breeze to air out the house. That may sound like a small thing, but after living in Orlando for the past five summers and needing to have the AC going non-stop from April to October, this is a real treat!
Another new thing is that I have gone back to work part-time. I am doing part-time HR work on a temporary basis. It's decent work, but a bit challenging because my background is not in HR. The hours are fantastic and the pay is better than I could have ever dreamed of for a part-time position. It was definitely a blessing to get this job and we are hoping that it turns into a permanent position.
We've had a lot of new things pop up for us. Some have been challenging and others have been welcome changes. All in all, as I look at these things, I find myself at a place of contentment. While things can be crazy and messy at times, it's all good. I'm embracing the new things, challenges and all.
No comments:
Post a Comment