Thursday, June 17, 2010

On Our Nightstand, Part 8

Here's another installment of the books that we've read recently that we would recommend.

1. The Five Love Languages of Children, by Gary Chapman
2. Parenting with Love and Logic, by Foster Cline and Jim Fay
3. On Becoming Babywise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep, by Gary Ezzo
4. A Walk with Jane Austen: A Journey into Adventure, Love, and Faith, by Lori Smith
5. Sense and Sensibility, by Jane Austen
6. A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, by Donald Miller
7. Be CentsAble: How to Cut Your Household Budget in Half, by Chrissy Pate
8. Green Goes with Everything, by Sloan Barnett
9. The Beginner's Bible, by Karen Henley
10. The Scarlet Thread, by Francine Rivers

2 comments:

Rebecca Yoon said...

How's the parenting with love and logic book? I read the original (I think) of "Teaching with Love & Logic" and I really, really liked it. The techniques were geared toward elementary kids, but I use a lot of them with my 20-year olds. :) J or N, whoever's reading it, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Naomi said...

It was just okay. I think it had a lot of good principles in it, but I've found it a little hard to implement with a 2 year old. I think I'll read it again in another year or two and try again.