Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blue Days

Our playgroup took an outing this morning to pick blueberries at Mt. Olympus Farm. Blueberries are one of Brennan's favorite fruits, as evidenced by the fact that he much preferred to pick and eat as opposed to putting them in the bucket to take home. Owen rode nicely in our Snuggli carrier and slept a good chunk of the time. We had a great time--I got to spend time with the other mom's, Brennan got to play with the other kids, we picked somewhere around 3.5 pounds of blueberries, and we enjoyed a nice picnic lunch with everyone in the shade to cool down (it's the hottest day of the week today--high temps in the 90's!). I think we're all going to head out there again next month to take advantage of picking our own blackberries!

It took some guidance to help Brennan figure out to pick only the berries that were blue instead of the ones that were green. Once he got that down, he couldn't seem to pick (and eat!) them fast enough!

The bounty. I'm thinking muffins, I'm thinking pancakes...Yum!

1 comment:

Jill K said...

Great job posting guys... we love getting to see your sweet boys and hear your stories. We love you guys and miss you!

MAtt and Jill