Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Impending

It looks like tomorrow is going to be the big day! And, boy, are we ever ready! I'm 4cm dilated, and have only had some sporadic contractions--nothing that appears to indicate labor has actually, fully begun.

We are set to induce in the morning. Despite the desire that labor start on its own and that D2 come in his own time, I'm simply ready to be done being pregnant. While the pregnancy itself has been relatively low-stress, we've had some pretty significant circumstances add heaps of stress over the past nine months. While the end of pregnancy won't really change some of those things (it might actually create more!), I just feel like heaving a sigh of relief that the end is in sight.

At any rate, after a few weeks now of wondering when the big day will be, wondering if every little twinge or pain is a sign of impending labor, wondering if I really do need to pick up whatever I've dropped on the floor, the end is here. D2's birthday will be tomorrow (pending labor magically starting sometime before 7am tomorrow!). We are so ready.

No comments: