Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Flips and Wiggles

I'm 35 weeks today. Only 5 more to go before D2 will enter this world! For my past couple of appointments, we were discouraged to hear that he was breech. After lots of praying and some home remedies to try to get him to flip, we were rewarded with the news that D2 is now head down! We're definitely excited to hear this news! I'd been hoping to avoid having a C-section for many reasons, and this news gives me hope that I'll be able to deliver naturally again. We did also learn that I'm already 1 cm dilated! That didn't happen with Brennan until the day before he was born--a week past my due date. While we would like him to come a little early, we are definitely hoping for a late April baby.

On another note, I did find out last week that because I'm only part-time, I don't qualify for FMLA. That means that I would have to go back to work once I'm medically cleared to do so. I've requested that I be allowed to take a full 8 weeks off to get through D2's two-month check-up before having a friend start watching both boys. Please be praying with us that this request would be granted, and that I'd be emotionally ready to go back to work and leave my babes behind whenever the time comes to do so.

No comments: