| I Repent |
| words and music by derek webb |
i repent, i repent of my pursuit of america's dream i repent, i repent of parading my liberty bridge i repent, i repent of trading truth for false unity |
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Repentance
Some of the best sermons I've ever heard have come from the music of Derek Webb. One of his songs, "I Repent," has a great message which definitely gets me thinking every time I hear it. (You can listen to the song here)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Naomi (and John)- My name is Kris and I work with John at Mondial USA. We just became friends on Facebook and while perusing his information I found the link to your blog. I've only read what you've written on this page, but I'm really touched by your inner thinking. I started out as a religion and philosophy major in college and had planned on becoming a pastor. I totally chickened out after the pressure of the job started weighing on my heart. I used to conciously have God's love and words in my heart and in the last 5 years or so I've really moved into a place in my life where I know that I'm a good person inherently but rarely pause to think of what God's intentions for me may be. I really do need to repent. It's harder then it sounds though, isn't it? Although I know He will always welcome me with open arms, I'm almost too ashamed to go to him and ask. That's very "human" of me I know. Anyway, without rambling further I just want to say thank you for your post about repentance. It's time for me to begin.
Post a Comment