Baby D is nearly here ... and Momma is ready! The little alien is kicking and poking and squirming and the womb is just too small a space for all that movement. So we'd just as soon he come on out and get to know the world out here. Tomorrow we go in for our next doctor's appointment to see how things are progressing. Naomi had some contractions on Saturday, but virtually none yesterday. Today they've been sporadic, but starting to get longer. So he could come in the next day or two, or it could be several more days. Bottom line: you just never know. We're both done working ...for the immediate future (in my case) and several months (in Naomi's case), so we'll just hang out till he decides to grace us with his presence.
Here's one last pregnancy photo before we post baby pics...

After all these months I'm glad we've held onto his name and kept that a secret. Keeping gender a secret would've been hard and it's been fun to plan for a boy and not an "it", but it's nice to have something secret that people are really eager to find out about. The name really is important as it'll stay with him his whole life. We want it to mean something -- to both tell him something about where he comes from and cast a vision for where we hope he goes.
So here it is. You've waited long enough. His name is going to
4 comments:
Well, that's cruel. :oP
But I like keeping it a secret, too. The only potential downfall to it is that if you have friends due before you, there's a possibility they might "take" the name. We actually have three friends due with boys this week, and they are all keeping names a secret. Blast!
You guys sound really ready. Hope the wee one comes soon!
That IS cruel, but we're doing the same thing. We're even I guess.
We'll be praying for a safe and fast delivery!
Anne
I guess there are just 4 more hours until he's late...I would love to have a birthday buddy...come on little guy!
I just wrote something and then erased it...its one of those funny things I could probably say without incident, but to type it for the whole world to see forever might be a mistake. Happy Birthing!
Can't wait to see him! :)
Post a Comment