When we started attending our current church about two years ago, hymns were a big part of our weekly worship. Something about the lyrics captured me and hasn't let me go. The thing about hymns that is so appealing is that they go beyond the fluff that characterizes so much of Christian worship music today. There is a depth and richness to them that I find lacking in a lot of the contemporary repetitiveness of modern worship music.
John and I attended a concert given by Matthew Smith, one of the founders of Indelible Grace, last Friday. We've had some changes to our church worship over the past several months which has resulted in rarely singing hymns on Sunday mornings. That concert was truly food for a soul that is weary of the fluff and hungry for songs with substance. It also made me think about what my favorite hymns are. So...I thought I would share. If you have a favorite hymn, let us know in the comments :)
4. "By Thy Mercy"
3. "All Must Be Well"
(It was HARD to narrow it to just the Top Five! And, really, the top three all rank about equal!)
No comments:
Post a Comment