Blueberry picking and a picnic marked how the boys and I ushered in this first day of summer. Thankfully, a slightly overcast sky kept the heat at bay for a while which made picking that much better. Brennan was so excited to carry the bucket and gather berries off the bushes. He needed very little guidance this year and enjoyed getting to taste the fruit of his labor. Owen spent most of his time pushing his stroller around and sampling all the delicious grass, sticks, and dirt that he could get his hands on. Gross, I know, but what can you do? He did successfully pick a blueberry and put it in his mouth; he managed a couple of chews before he promptly spit it back out! Oh, well. He will enjoy the blueberry waffles that are on tap for dinner tonight! When I asked Brennan before naptime what his favorite part of the morning was, he answered "Eating blueberries". Definitely a fun summer outing!



The view from our picnic spot--can't beat it!
No comments:
Post a Comment