I attempted this morning to get some photos of the boys in their "Big Brother/Little Brother" shirts. It mostly worked. Brennan has entered the defiant phase which makes it very difficult to get him to cooperate with anything, including posing for photos (which he used to like). Ah, the joys of an almost three-year-old!

Brennan has also been busting loose with TONS of words lately. We've lost count of how many words he's saying these days. Some of his favorites are "dada home" and "stop sign." He's also recently said his name for the first time and he loves to repeat words that we say. Last night's funny repetition was "dirty butt"--I was changing a messy diaper at the time! He's also started calling for objects when we ask him to look for something. For example, we were at a friend's house and he was outside playing. He came back outside and didn't have his shoes on. We immediately went outside to try to find his shoes (especially since it was starting to get dark), and I asked him to help me look for them. He started wandering around the yard calling "Shoes! Shoes!" All the while, his shoes were by the front door (and yes, I did put shoes on him before he went outside, but he somehow came back in and took them off without me seeing him). He does this with a number of objects--his cup, his toy stop sign from his train set, the moon. We can't wait to hear what he's going to say next!


No comments:
Post a Comment