Friday, August 13, 2010

A New Adventure

As a new stay-at-home mom who is looking for a way to bring in a little extra income, I did quite a bit of research into various work from home options. But the reality quickly proved that there are tons of scams, and a work from home desk job was probably going to be too difficult with a toddler and an infant who need quite a bit of attention. My only other alternative appeared to be selling something. But I wasn't so sure about selling stuff since I'm not really a salesperson.

But then I read a book called "Be Centsable: How to Cut Your Household Budget in Half" by Chrissy Pate and Kristin McKee. I was blown away by what I read. After exploring their website and beginning to apply some of the principles I learned, I got so excited about my new money-saving techniques that I decided to take the plunge and become an educator with Be Centsable to help others learn the same things I had learned.

As an educator, I'll be presenting workshops to teach people how to save money by using coupons effectively, using store incentives, and how to plan and create a stockpile. If anyone in the Richmond area is interested in attending or hosting a workshop, just let me know! Also, if we are traveling to your area, I can do workshops there as well! I'd love to spread the knowledge!

No comments: