Saturday, October 31, 2009

Festival Time!

In lieu of doing the traditional Halloween activities (in part because I'm not too keen on celebrating Halloween and John is undecided), we opted to attend a fall festival at a local church. They had tons of games for kids to play in order to earn candy and small toys, bounce houses, and a Christian illusionist. They also had a cornbread cook-off, a chili cook-off, and a pie contest. I entered the pie contest with two pies, an apple and a chocolate chip (two of the three pies that I know how to make). For me, the best part of the night was discovering that my apple pie had won first prize out of 41 pies!

The award winner!

It was nice they were lenient with him when it came to the games. But he seemed to enjoy getting to play and then choose his prize.

He tried the bounce house for the first time and really enjoyed being in it.


Bouncing boy!


He wasn't too sure about the whole cotton candy thing, but feeding it to Daddy was great fun!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Congratulations on the pie victory! Yum!