Monday, July 07, 2008

Storytime

Those that know me know that I love to read. I've always loved to read. Most of my memories growing up involved books rather than playing with toys. Through the years, my love for books and reading has grown. Now, as a mother, it's my desire to see Brennan develop a love for books as well. I read him books every day and look forward to the day when he'll show some excitement about listening to stories and eventually being able to read books by himself.

It was so exciting for me to learn that the local library offered a storytime for infants called Lapsit Lambs. Brennan and I have been there twice and it's been great. We do music and movement, sing nursery rhymes, and read a story. Then, after storytime is over, the library lady who organizes it brings out a big bucket of toys so the babies can play and the parents can have time to talk. I love going to storytime in part because it's good for Brennan, but also because it gets me around other moms of young children, something that I've really been wanting ever since we moved to Richmond. Everyone I've met there so far has been really great and it's nice for me to have other women to chat with who are in the same phase of life. Plus, Brennan seems to enjoy going and looking at the other kids (playing and actually interacting with other kids may come a little later). This is definitely going to be a new weekly ritual!

No comments: